9/4/10

Todays Whole Living Challenge

Whole Livings ~ Makeover Your Lunch ~ Use "real" foods and pack in reusable containers.

Well, considering I'm home for lunch and cannot remember the last time I ate lunch anywhere else, I don't have to worry about how my lunch is packed. As far as what I eat... Well, that's a different story...

My typical choices for lunch are: a salad (loaded with shredded cheese, croutons and dressing), fresh veggies cut up with dressing to dip them in, cold cereal with milk (you know, the "good" kinds like Lucky Charms, Froot Loops, and Frosted Flakes, yes, I'm serious), or my favorite, tortilla chips with salsa and sour cream... Sooooo, I guess there's room for LOTS of improvement on my food choices. The problem being, I don't want to change what I eat...

I've been through a lot in life (2x cancer survivor, told that I would never walk again, multiple horrific car accidents, among other things), I don't smoke, do not take medications (I do take a few herbs like Ma Haung for my asthma, Echinacea to help me fend off colds, and Black Cohosh for being a female), rarely ever drink (and when I do, I have 1 or 2 Mike's Hard Lemonade)... So what do I do? I eat.

And I make sure that I enjoy what I eat! Now, don't get me wrong I eat and enjoy a LOT of fresh food, specially the ones I grow myself in my garden. Yes, I grow a bunch of our own food. Things that I don't grow, I try to stock up on when they are in season and either can or freeze a lot so we have it available to us when not in season locally.

What about you? What is the thing you treat yourself to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments and thoughts. Come back and visit soon!