9/5/10

Todays Whole Living Challenge

Whole Living ~ Have One Last Summer Hurrah ~ Throw a final barbecue, or have some friends over for an end-of-season swim. Don’t plan anything elaborate -- just focus your senses on the lingering feeling of summer.


Am I going to do this one? Yes. Am I going to do this one any time soon. No. Why? Because here in Florida summer time doesn't really ever end... Sigh.

Take winter time for example. We have 2, 3 or if we're lucky 5 or 6 days of weather that drops to 30* at night. The next day after the cold front passes us, we're right back up to 80* + days... We pull out sweaters for a couple of days, only to stick them back in the back of the closet for the next 3 weeks. Not very wintry. Specially when everyone is wearing tank tops and shorts and sweating like a dog on Christmas Day...

Today is family time. I'm off to spend the day taking my kids to visit with their Great-Grandma. She's going to be 76 on the 10th and she is still a fully functioning, self reliant, independent person. This woman raised me, with my Grandpa who passed when I was 14, from before I was 2yrs old, until I moved out when I was 18. My Grammy and Grandpa were my parents.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Make sure to take some time out of your busy life to spend some time with, even if it's just a phone call, those in your life that you care about. You never know when life will happen and your chance to talk to them will be gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your comments and thoughts. Come back and visit soon!